Things to do in Oklahoma City
Stay and play awhile at Aloft Oklahoma City Downtown – Bricktown. Located in Oklahoma City and in the entertainment district of Bricktown, there are endless things to do in Oklahoma City nearby. Step just outside our doors and explore the area. Check out our other list of things to do in Bricktown for during your stay. Below are some of our favorite Oklahoma City attractions.
- Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum (0.7 miles) - Visit the Oklahoma City National Memorial which honors the victims, survivors and all those affected by the Oklahoma City bombing in April 1995. Some of the memorial’s features include a reflecting pool, a field of empty chairs, a survivor’s wall, and a survivor’s tree.
- Chesapeake Energy Arena (0.7 miles) - Enjoy sports, music, and other live entertainment at Chesapeake Energy Arena. Home to the Oklahoma City Thunder (NBA), Chesapeake Energy Arena also plays host to many great musical acts and events too.
- Oklahoma History Center (2.7 miles) - Located across from the Capital building, take a self-guided tour of the Oklahoma History Center and learn about Oklahoma from past to present. The center has over 200 interactive audio, video, and computer activities for you to enjoy.
- Oklahoma City University (3.3 miles) - Oklahoma City University is home to about 4,000 students and is a private university affiliated with the United Methodist Church. Located in the midtown district, the school has a student life program which offers athletics, clubs, honor societies, and fraternities and sororities.
- Oklahoma State Fairground (4.9 miles) - Each year the Oklahoma State Fair is held during mid-September and it attracts close to one million people. The fair includes a variety of competitions, concerts, rides, games, and retail vendors.
- Oklahoma City Zoo (7.9 miles) - Be a kid again at the Oklahoma City Zoo, where you can see and learn about over 1,800 animals. Popular exhibits include the elephant habitat, the children’s petting zoo, a butterfly garden, and the cat forest.